Sunday, February 12, 2017

Winter


One reason I like winter is that with all the leaves stripped, we see the trees in a new and exciting way--we see their delicately graceful structures. Here is one such lacey specimen framed by the clouds around it. The sky is often gray in winter and often dramatic. The sun struggles against the grayness and peeks out in ways we never expect. We think it is a gray, gray day looking straight ahead, but if we look up, the interaction of the clouds, wind, and sun bring us beauty. I secretly felt as if the beautiful tendrils of the tree had been framed so perfectly by the clouds, with the light of sun streaking across the right, just for me. That's not true, I know, but so often when I look up on a walk or in in the car, I see the unexpected and beautiful.

No comments: